Simon Royle was born in Manchester, England in 1963. He has been variously a yachtsman, advertising executive, and a senior management executive in software companies. A futurist and a technologist, he lives in Bangkok, with his wife and two children.
Simon’s first two novels Tag, and Bangkok Burn, have been well received by Amazon readers.
Tag is a technothriller set in the year 2109. What readers have called,
– “more futuristic than science-fiction, and the technological advances of 2110 are not far-fetched, they are easily imaginable.”
– “…in “Tag.” The technology felt like a logical evolution from today to one hundred years into the future.”
– “”Tag,” reminds me a bit of one my childhood favorite authors, Isaac Asimov, in that he’s written a book that projects a future reflecting very plausible cultural and political scenario, given what trends we’ve seen in history.”
(Above quotes stolen from recent reviews on Amazon US).
As Simon, says :), “With ‘Tag’ I drew on my travels and experiences in Singapore and Australia. Extrapolating from things I see today and placing them in the context of our world a hundred years from now.”
Bangkok Burn – a noir thriller, set during the May 2010 riots in Bangkok, has proved a hit with readers; especially those who have traveled to Thailand.
– “A red-hot thriller set against the exotic backdrop of Bangkok, this is a blistering read from start to finish.”
– “I loved this book from beginning to end, it kept me hooked and on the edge of my seat the whole way through. I can’t wait for the sequel.” (Author’s note: “I’m working on it…”)
I love to connect with you. Got a question, something to say, or just want to say hello, then send me an email: email@example.com
I have a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Simon.Royle.Author
A website at www.simon-royle.com (you are here).
I also have a twitter feed (where I infrequently tweet about this and that) @sgroyle