The results from the survey are in:
Most of you appreciate the content on the site, and virtually all of you have an opinion on how it could be improved - thank you.
You all like the current mix of content (except for the two who don't like anything and unsubscribed :)) and there were similarities i.e. common "wants" for adding to the mix.
These "common wants" are:
- More about daily life in Thailand with a bit of Thai culture to spice it up (nearly everyone wants this)
- Commentary on news items (specifically related to Thailand, I guess, but it wasn't specified so maybe I can go global with that - or as the Thai's say, "Go inter...", farang :))
- And a lot of you seem to want to know what I'm reading.
So there we have it; the content that you want regularly on the site complete list is:
- Crime movie reviews - especially like noir crime
- Restaurant and resort reviews (of places I visit that are worth mentioning)
- Updates on the progress of Work In Progress
- General observations about life in Thailand
- To write you have to read - updates on what I'm currently reading
Nearly all of you want more content. I get it. Especially quality content (I don't know about you guys, but after having Netflix for a while I struggle to find anything I want to watch); the issue for me is limited time and time spent on the blog is less time writing the next book - but there's a balance. I believe, being a modern author is not that much different from being a modern Streamer - and it is possible at some point that I may "live Stream" (the old hippie in me wants to call it a "love stream" - but that might give the wrong idea - coming out of Bangkok and all) readings. The point is "content" for supporters (I don't like to use the term 'fans') - and the idea of what is content, evolves continuously.
A final comment and a request - I know females have read my books because they've left reviews, but not a single female supporter chimed in - having a daughter I'm all about the female voice being heard and listened to with equal measure - so, ladies, please feel free to speak up. And guys, if you know any females you want to get to know Mere Joom, Pim and the Aunts, get them hooked up, please.
Good stuff Simon, waiting with baited breath for the new book, hopefully if the world sorts out covid and border closures I will be back in Bangkok soon, although I note bars are still closed in Bangkok, so may have to go to Pattaya. Cheers
Thanks Simon. What are the chances of the decision makers (I assume that means the military elite), relaxing travel restrictions for the 3rd quarter of the year? I read that the tourism minister is pushing for that and we are planning to move around the Phuket peninsular in late July/ early August (whilst the Lions are touring South Africa). Great feedback previously, so thanks for that.