The results from the survey are in:
Most of you appreciate the content on the site, and virtually all of you have an opinion on how it could be improved - thank you.
You all like the current mix of content (except for the two who don't like anything and unsubscribed :)) and there were similarities i.e. common "wants" for adding to the mix.
These "common wants" are:
- More about daily life in Thailand with a bit of Thai culture to spice it up (nearly everyone wants this)
- Commentary on news items (specifically related to Thailand, I guess, but it wasn't specified so maybe I can go global with that - or as the Thai's say, "Go inter...", farang :))
- And a lot of you seem to want to know what I'm reading.
So there we have it; the content that you want regularly on the site complete list is:
- Crime movie reviews - especially like noir crime
- Restaurant and resort reviews (of places I visit that are worth mentioning)
- Updates on the progress of Work In Progress
- General observations about life in Thailand
- To write you have to read - updates on what I'm currently reading
Nearly all of you want more content. I get it. Especially quality content (I don't know about you guys, but after having Netflix for a while I struggle to find anything I want to watch); the issue for me is limited time and time spent on the blog is less time writing the next book - but there's a balance. I believe, being a modern author is not that much different from being a modern Streamer - and it is possible at some point that I may "live Stream" (the old hippie in me wants to call it a "love stream" - but that might give the wrong idea - coming out of Bangkok and all) readings. The point is "content" for supporters (I don't like to use the term 'fans') - and the idea of what is content, evolves continuously.
A final comment and a request - I know females have read my books because they've left reviews, but not a single female supporter chimed in - having a daughter I'm all about the female voice being heard and listened to with equal measure - so, ladies, please feel free to speak up. And guys, if you know any females you want to get to know Mere Joom, Pim and the Aunts, get them hooked up, please.